Details for Benchmark: DX3249
N 33° 56.467 W 117° 53.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 351
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
1.7 MI NE FROM BREA. ABOUT 1.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE BREA CANYON ROAD FROM THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL AT THE NORTH EDGE OF BREA. IT IS ON THE EDGE OF SHOULDER 28 FEET SOUTH OF HIGHWAY CENTER, 31 FEET WEST OF MILE POST 0.85 AND 6 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 0-7626 T. A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|1/1/1968 by CA-059 (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1968
MARK NOT FOUND.
|6/6/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.