Details for Benchmark: DX3284
N 33° 55.850 W 117° 54.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- J 786
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
1.1 MI NW FROM BREA. 2.3 MILES EAST ALONG CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE BANK OF AMERICA, AT LA HABRA. APPROXIMATELY 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG POMONA AVENUE TO CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL IN BREA, THENCE WEST ON CENTRAL AVENUE 0.7 MILES TO THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE UNION OIL TANK FARM. THE BENCH MARK IS ON THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF BERRY STREET AND CENTRAL AVENUE, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF CENTRAL AVENUE, 28 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF BERRY STREET, 0.9 FEET WEST OF THE EAST FENCE LINE, 0.9 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH FENCE LINE, 1.5 FEET EAST OF A WHITE REFERENCE POST STENCILED USBM - PROJECTS ONE INCH ABOVE IMMEDIATE GROUND LEVEL.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/06/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.