Details for Benchmark: DX3292
N 33° 55.883 W 117° 56.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 2 C 71 68
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1968
AT LA HABRA. 0.40 MILE EAST ALONG CENTRAL AVENUE FROM LA HABRA CIVIC CENTER TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH COLLEGE STREET, AT WASHINGTON JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, 48 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF CENTRAL AVENUE, 88 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF COLLEGE STREET, 21 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK LEADING INTO AN OUTDOOR STADIUM, 4.5 FEET SOUTH OF A CONCRETE DROP INLET, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE FOOTING FOR A BRICK WALL AT THE EAST END OF THE WALL, ABOUT 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
ADD--CENTRAL AVENUE IS NOW CALLED AND MARKED LA HABRA BOULEVARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.