Details for Benchmark: DX3485
N 33° 55.917 W 117° 54.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- RS 11 A RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.25 MI WEST FROM BREA. 1.25 MILES WEST ALONG CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE JUNCTION OF BREA BOULEVARD, ON THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF CENTRAL AND PUENTE STREET, IN TOP THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A 4 BY 5-FT. CATCH BASIN, 39 FT. EAST THE EAST CURB OF PUENTE STREET, 4 FT. NORTH THE NORTH CURB CENTRAL AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.