Details for Benchmark: DX3486
N 33° 55.683 W 117° 56.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 1329
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- galvanized steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
LA HARBRA. AT LA HARBRA, AT THE CROSSING OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAIL ROAD AND EUCILID STREET, 21 FT. NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 1 FOOT EAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. DFC 640, 54 FT. SOUTH OF THE FENCE AROUND TENNIS COURT, 78 FT. NORTHWEST OF A 24-INCH CULVERT, THE DISK IS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND, ACCESS TO WHICH IS HAD THROUGH A 4-INCH PLASTIC SCREW PLUG.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.