Details for Benchmark: DX4801
N 33° 55.722 W 117° 53.554 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- BREA MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||tigger2 couldn't find DX4801
I drove around the area looking for this elusive Water Tank and couldn't find it. The area is now a Condo/Townhouse development with tall eucalyptus trees making it difficult to see much. I am betting that the Water Tank is long gone but I'm not positive. Can anybody else find the Water Tank?
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (WRH)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE CONICAL TOP. IT IS LOCATED, AIRLINE, ABOUT 1/2 MILE NORTH OF THE TOWN OF BREA ON A UNION OIL CO. PRIVATE ROAD.
THE TANK IS ELEVATED AND 150 FEET IN HEIGHT.
|01/01/1963 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (BMK)
STATION IS THE TOP-CENTER OF THE TANK. IT IS LOCATED ON A LOW PROMINENT RIDGE ABOUT 0.7 MILE NORTH OF THE POST OFFICE AND 0.2 MILE EAST OF BREA CANYON ROAD.
THE TANK IS A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE, PAINTED ALUMINUM IN COLOR ON THE TANK PROPER AND THE ROOF IS PAINTED RED AND IS ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH.
|01/01/1967 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967 (JMC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.