Details for Benchmark: DX4906
N 33° 18.930 W 116° 12.560 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1941
STATION IS STANDARD DISK STAMPED LUTE 1940.
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 12.5 MILES NORTHEAST OF BORREGO POST OFFICE.
TO REACH FROM BORREGO POST OFFICE, PROCEED 0.5 MILE NORTH ALONG CLARK LAKE ROAD TO Y INTERSECTION, PROCEED 1.6 MILES LONG RIGHT FORK TO Y INTERSECTION, TAKE RIGHT FORK AND GO 0.6 MILE TO T INTERSECTION, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.6 MILE TO Y INTERSECTION, TAKE LEFT FORK AND GO 0.3 MILE TO INTERSECTION OF TRUCKHAVEN ROAD, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.3 MILE TO Y INTERSECTION, TAKE RIGHT FORK AND GO 4.8 MILES, TURN LEFT AND GO ALONG RIDGE 0.8 MILE TO HIGHEST POINT AND STATION SITE.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS STANDARD DISK STAMPED, R.M. NO. 1.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.