Details for Benchmark: DX4928
N 33° 00.957 W 116° 24.462 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1941 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1941
STATION IS A BRONZE DISK CEMENTED IN ROCK, STAMPED RICH 1941.
IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.5 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE OLD VALLECITOS STAGE STATION. 11.0 MILES SOUTHEAST OF JULIAN AND ABOUT 1 MILE SOUTH OF A DRY LAKE. TO REACH FROM SCISSORS CROSSING, A POINT ON HIGHWAY 78, 12 MILES EAST OF JULIAN AND 23.3 MILES WEST OF NEW TOWN OF OCOTILLO, TAKE DIRT ROAD SOUTH FOR 7.4 MILES TO A Y INTERSECTION. TAKE A MAGNETIC BEARING S 65 DEG E AND DRIVE CROSS COUNTY FOR 0.2 MILE TO STATION WHICH IS LOCATED ON FLAT GROUND ON WEST BANK OF A DRY WASH RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH. STATION RICH IS ABOUT 300 FEET NORTHEAST OF FOOT OF NEAREST HILL AND IS ON BRUSHY COUNTRY COVERED WITH CACTUS AND YUCCA PLANT.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS A BRONZE DISK, STAMPED R.M. 1 RICH 1941.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS A BRONZE DISK, STAMPED R.M. 2 RICH 1941.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.