Details for Benchmark: DY0956
N 33° 43.600 W 118° 02.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- RCE 7872 O CO
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
2.3 MI E FROM HUNTINGTON BEACH. 1.4 MILES EAST ALONG WARNER AVENUE FROM THE JUNCTION WITH THE PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY (CALIFORNIA STATE HIGHWAY 1) AT SUNSET BEACH, THENCE 0.9 MILE NORTH ALONG BOLSA CHICA AVENUE, 58 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF SISSON DRIVE, 45 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF BOLSA CHICA AVENUE, 5 FEET SOUTH OF A FIREPLUG AND CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE WEST SIDE OF A CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR A STREET LAMP.
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.