Details for Benchmark: DY2424
N 33° 44.717 W 118° 06.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 280 RESET 1975
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
AT SEAL BEACH. AT SEAL BEACH, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE FLUSH WITH THE TOP SURFACE OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A STORM DRAIN THAT IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE CROSSROAD INTERSECTION OF MARINA DRIVE AND FIRST STREET. IT IS 70.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF MARINA DRIVE, 41.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF FIRST ST., 29.5 FEET NORTH OF POWERLINE POLE NUMBER 2021503E, 17.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A STEEL STREET LIGHT AND TRAFFIC SIGNAL POLE, 5.3 FEET EAST OF A CHAINLINK FENCE AND 2.4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A STEEL MANHOLE COVER IN THE TOP OF THE STORM DRAIN.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.