Details for Benchmark: EA2667
N 34° 01.179 W 077° 55.140 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HANOVER county, NC View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1917 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1917 (WCH)
STATION IS ON THE E SIDE OF CAPE FEAR RIVER, ABOUT 2 MILES N OF PETERS POINT. STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE IN TOP OF TILES. DISTANCES AND BEARINGS FROM THE STATION TO VARIOUS MARKS ARE AS FOLLOWS--TO REFERENCE MARK, 12.25 METERS (40.2 FEET), S 71 DEG 03 MIN E. TO A BLAZED SMALL PINE, 12.03 METERS (29.5 FEET), N 70 DEG 23 MIN E TO LARGER PINE, 15.58 METERS (51.1 FEET), S 71 DEG 37 MIN. TO BLAZED PINE TREE, 16.09 METERS (52.8 FEET), S 46 DEG 44 MIN.
|01/01/1933 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (JAB)
STATION WAS FOUND AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE STATION IS ON SAND BEACH 34 METERS INSHORE FROM HIGH-WATER LINE AND IS BACKED BY MYRTLE BUSHES MARSH. THE STATION IS 150 YARDS N OF A MOUTH OF A DRAINAGE DITCH.
|01/01/1941 by USE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1941
SEARCH WAS MADE FOR STATION, AND ONLY REFERENCE MARK IN GOOD CONDITION WAS FOUND. LOCATION OF THE REFERENCE MARK WOULD PLACE THE STATION WITHIN 15 FEET OF THE HIGH WATER MARK AGAINST THE 1933 DESCRIPTION OF 34 METERS.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (CJB)
A STATION, MARKED BY THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS, WAS FOUND AT THE DESCRIBED LOCATION AND IT MAY BE IDENTICAL WITH STATION GRAVE. THE ARROW ON THE REFERENCE MARK POINTS TOWARD THE STATION RECOVERED.
THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION OF THE SITE IS ADEQUATE FOR RECOVERY.
|01/01/1983 by USE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1983 (GRN)
STATION FOUND GOOD, STATION AND RM RECOVERED DESCRIPTION ADEQUATE.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1986.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.