Details for Benchmark: EB4219
N 34° 13.383 W 079° 47.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FLORENCE county, SC View Original Datasheet
- 21 087
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by SCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SOUTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1993
STATION IS LOCATED 2.45 MILES (3.94 KM) NORTH NORTHWEST OF FLORENCE. OWNERSHIP--SCDOT, DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION, P.O. BOX 191, COLUMBIA, SC 29202, PHONE 803-737-1350. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OVERPASS OF INTERSTATE 95 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 52, 3.1 MILES (5.0 KM) NORTHWEST OF FLORENCE, GO SOUTHEAST ON HIGHWAY 52 FOR 0.75 MILE (1.21 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROAD 63 (MECHANICSVILLE ROAD) , TURN LEFT ON ROAD 63 FOR 0.1 MILE (0.2 KM) TO A PAVED ROAD RIGHT (WEST INTERSTATE BOULEVARD) AND THE STATION IN THE NORTHEAST ANGLE NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK WALL AROUND UNDERGROUND UTILITY PIPE VALVES. STATION IS A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND LEVEL WITH THE ROADS, 2.0 FEET (0.6 M) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BRICK WALL, 41.0 FEET (12.5 M) EAST SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD 63, 29.5 FEET (9.0 M) NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF INTERSTATE BOULEVARD, 74.7 FEET (22.8 M) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK HOUSE, 37.5 FEET (11.4 M) SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED DRIVEWAY LEADING TO A BRICK HOUSE, 10.7 FEET (3.3 M) EAST NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST AT A STOP SIGN POST. DESCRIBED BY T. HALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.