Details for Benchmark: ED1064
N 34° 56.617 W 082° 00.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SPARTANBURG county, SC View Original Datasheet
- 42 122
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive retaining walls
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by SCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SOUTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
1.3 KM (0.8 MI) SOUTH FROM FAIRFOREST. 0.2 KILOMETER (0.15 MILE) EAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD S-42-78 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN FAIRFOREST, THENCE 1.3 KILOMETERS (0.8 MILE) SOUTHEAST ALONG COUNTY ROAD S-42-41, SET IN THE NORTHWEST HEADWALL OF A TWO LANE BRIDGE OVER THE SEA BOARD COAST LINE RAILROAD TRACKS. THE MARK IS 1.61 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.20 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.