Details for Benchmark: EE0003
N 34° 41.233 W 084° 28.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GILMER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- X 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
0.8 MI SE FROM ELLIJAY. ABOUT 0.5 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 52 (RIVER STREET) FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT ELLIJAY, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD, 212 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF MILEPOST 411, 10 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, SET IN THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE 1ST STEP BELOW THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH STONE ABUTMENT OF RAILROAD BRIDGE NUMBER 96 OVER THE ELLIJAY RIVER, ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.