Details for Benchmark: EE0014
N 34° 51.933 W 084° 19.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FANNIN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- E 58
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT BLUE RIDGE. AT BLUE RIDGE, 200 FEET WEST OF THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD STATION, IN THE WEST QUARTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN AND DEPOT STREETS, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST FACE AND 3.9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A COMMERCIAL BUILDING WHICH IS NOW VACANT, 32 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 37 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF DEPOT STREET, AND 2.6 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (JWP)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.