Details for Benchmark: EE0051
N 34° 56.250 W 084° 21.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FANNIN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
7.3 MI N FROM BLUE RIDGE. ABOUT 7.3 MILES NORTH ALONG THE COPPERHILL, TENNESSEE BRANCH OF THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BLUE RIDGE, 0.25 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST L 388, ALONG THE NORTH BANK OF A CUT, 4 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, SET IN THE TOP OF A SLOPING SHELF ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE MORE EASTERLY OF TWO LARGE ROCK OUTCROPS, 1.0 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE OUTCROP, 51 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A 13-FOOT OPENING IN THE SOUTH BANK OF THE CUT, 104 YARDS EAST OF A WHISTLE POST, ABOUT 1 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 2 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.