Details for Benchmark: EE0063
N 34° 13.850 W 084° 29.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT CANTON. AT CANTON, ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD, 205 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION, 47 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND STATE HIGHWAYS 20 AND 140, 15 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, A CHISELED SQUARE IN THE TOP OF THE 1ST STEP BELOW THE TOP OF THE SOUTH MARBLE WING WALL FOR A SMALL RAILROAD BRIDGE, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE FIGURE 8 IN THE FIGURES 868.466 D.C. ELEV. WHICH ARE CUT IN THE MARBLE, 28.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF BENCH MARK E 57, 0.7 FOOT BELOW THE TOP OF THE WINGWALL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.