Details for Benchmark: EE0064
N 34° 13.857 W 084° 29.430 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- E 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT CANTON. AT CANTON, ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD, 195 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION, 13 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE 1ST STEP BELOW THE TOP OF THE WEST MARBLE WINGWALL AT THE NORTHWEST END OF A SMALL RAILROAD BRIDGE, 75 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF THE TRACK AND STATE HIGHWAYS 20 AND 140, 0.7 FOOT BELOW THE TOP OF THE WINGWALL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACKS.
|02/16/1996 by HOFFMA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY HOFFMAN AND COMPANY 1996 (MWB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|12/11/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 37 KM (23.00 MI) NORTH OF ATLANTA, 28 KM (17.40 MI) NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS 75 AND 575, IN THE TOWN OF CANTON, IN THE SOUTHWEST END OF A MARBLE HEADWALL OF A SMALL RAILROAD BRIDGE, NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT OF THE CANTON SHOPPING CENTER, AND ADJACENT TO A 2 M (6.6 FT) TALL PIPE CULVERT. OWNERSHIP--LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD. TO REACH FROM THE UNDERPASS AT THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 575 AND STATE HIGHWAYS 20 AND 140 (EXIT 8) NEAR THE EAST SIDE OF CANTON, GO WESTERLY ON HIGHWAYS 20 AND 140 FOR 0.97 KM (0.60 MI) TO A PAVED T-JUNCTION (MARIETTA ROAD) . TURN RIGHT, NORTHEAST, ON MARIETTA ROAD FOR 0.32 KM (0.20 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF A RAILROAD AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE FIRST STEP BELOW THE TOP OF THE WEST MARBLE HEADWALL OF THE NORTHWEST HEADWALL OF A SMALL RAILROAD BRIDGE. IT IS 22.6 M (74.1 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF THE RAILROAD AND THE HIGHWAY, 8.4 M (27.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A 1 M (3.3 FT) SQUARE STEEL ELECTRICAL JUNCTION BOX, 2.3 M (7.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE WODD FENCE ON THE BRIDGE, AND 2.3 M (7.5 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE WOOD FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.