Details for Benchmark: EE0071
N 34° 20.283 W 084° 22.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT BALLGROUND. AT BALLGROUND, ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD, 88 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND MAIN STREET, 29 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHWEST FACE OF THE ROBERTS BUILDING WHICH IS NOW BEING USED AS AN APARTMENT BUILDING, 1.0 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE WEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 8.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE SOUTHWEST ENTRANCE, 4.1 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK, AND ABOUT 4 1/2 FEET ABOVE MAIN STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.