Details for Benchmark: EE0075
N 34° 22.967 W 084° 22.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PICKENS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by LNRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT NELSON. AT NELSON, ALONG THE LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD, AT THE SITE OF THE OLD RAILROAD STATION WHICH HAS BEEN REMOVED, 100 YARDS SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE METAL BUILDINGS THAT ARE PRESENTLY OCCUPIED BY THE GEORGIA MARBLE COMPANY, 14 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, A CHISELED SQUARE ON THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE TOP STEP OF THE MORE NORTHERLY OF 2 SETS OF CONCRETE STEPS, 14 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A SWITCH STAND, 55 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND A PAVED STREET, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1976 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1976
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.