Details for Benchmark: EE0084
N 34° 28.133 W 084° 25.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PICKENS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- P 57
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT JASPER. AT JASPER, 62 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST CORNER OF THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST CORNER OF THE 2ND COMMERCIAL BUILDING NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET AND STEGALL DRIVE, 1.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 1.4 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING, 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 52 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STEGALL DRIVE, AND ABOUT 4.2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1976 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1976
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.