Details for Benchmark: EE0094
N 34° 25.433 W 084° 19.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PICKENS county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 13 D 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by GAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
1.2 MI E FROM MARBLEHILL. ABOUT 1.15 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 53 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARBLEHILL, OR ABOUT 5.3 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 53 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 53 AND 5 AT TATE, 100 YARDS SOUTH-SOUTHWEST AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM THE SOUTH CORNER OF A LARGE CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING, 23 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ON THE TOP OF A BANK ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE AND NEAR THE CREST OF A HILL IN THE HIGHWAY, 6 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 122 1/2 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE THAT BEARS A TRANSFORMER, ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 1.8 FEET ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE. NOTE-- THE DIRT HAS BEEN GRADED AWAY FROM THE MARK ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE UNTIL IT PROJECTS 1.8 FEET AND IT IS IN THE EDGE OF A BANK.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.15 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 53 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MARBLEHILL, 0.55 MILE EAST OF BRIDGE OVER LONG SWAMP CREEK, ON APPARENT CREST OF A RIDGE, ABOUT 10 YARDS EAST OF THE APPARENT CREST OF THE HIGHWAY GRADE, ABOUT 200 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF A LARGE BUILDING, 23.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 53, 16.0 FEET EAST OF A POWER LINE POLE AND 6.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WIRE FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.