Details for Benchmark: EE0098
N 34° 25.373 W 084° 14.522 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DAWSON county, GA View Original Datasheet
- L 90
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
8.3 MI W FROM DAWSONVILLE. ABOUT 8.3 MILES W ALONG NO. 53 GEORGIA HIGHWAY FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT DAWSONVILLE, DAWSON COUNTY, ABOUT 1.0 MILES E FROM DUG ROAD COMMUNITY NEAR THE COUNTY LINE, ABOUT 20 YARDS NE OF THE LOCAL SUMMIT OF THE HIGHWAY GRADE, 10 YARDS SW AND OPPOSITE THE SW END OF A SE-SIDE CUT WHICH ENDS AT NOW HALF-BURIED PIPE CULVERT (CUT IS CONTINUOUS ON NW SIDE), 22 FEET NW OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 2.4 FEET HIGHER THAN SAME, AND PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
6.95 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 53 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MARBLEHILL, OR 8.3 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 53 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT DAWSONVILLE, 1.05 MILES EAST OF THE PICKENS-DAWSON COUNTY LINE, ABOUT 20 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE LOCAL SUMMIT OF THE HIGHWAY GRADE, 16.0 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 53 AND DRIVEWAY TO THE NORTH, 116.0 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF MILE POST 1, 60.0 NORTH OF CENTER OF JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 53 AND ROAD TO SOUTHEAST AND 5.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WIRE FENCE.
|02/16/1996 by HOFFMA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY HOFFMAN AND COMPANY 1996 (MWB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.