Details for Benchmark: EE0141
N 34° 14.450 W 084° 24.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- L 92 RESET 1935
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
4.6 MI E FROM CANTON. ABOUT 4.65 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 20 FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT CANTON, DIRECTLY NORTH AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUFFINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL YARD, 138 1/2 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE PHILADELPHIA BAPTIST CHURCH BUILDING, 52 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ON THE EAST PROPERTY LINE OF THE CHURCH, 5 FEET WEST OF THE EXTENDED PLANE OF THE EAST STONE WALL AROUND THE BELL FAMILY PLOT IN THE CHURCH CEMETERY, 9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE THAT BEARS AN EAST-WEST POWER LINE AND A POWER LINE THAT LEADS SOUTH, 0.8 FOOT SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 1 FOOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.