Details for Benchmark: EE0142
N 34° 14.167 W 084° 28.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- M 92
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
0.9 MI E FROM CANTON. ABOUT 0.9 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 20 (MAIN STREET) FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT CANTON, AT THE SOUTH EDGE OF A GROVE OF PINE TREES, 37 FEET EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A RAVINE THAT LEADS NORTH FROM THE HIGHWAY, 40 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 256 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY (MAIN STREET) AND JEANNETTE STREET, 116 YARDS WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY (MAIN STREET) AND CHAMLEE LANE, 145 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FIRE PLUG THAT IS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY, 24 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE TOP OF A BANK ON THE TOP EDGE OF A CUT, 0.7 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.