Details for Benchmark: EE0234
N 34° 06.083 W 084° 31.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- Z 56
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT WOODSTOCK. AT WOODSTOCK, 49 YARDS NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE FORMER LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE RAILROAD STATION WHICH IS NOW THE WOODSTOCK CITY HALL, IN THE SOUTHWEST QUARTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 5 (MAIN STREET), CHURCH STREET LEADING WEST, AND ARNOLD MILL ROAD LEADING EAST, 30 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY (MAIN STREET), 40 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF CHURCH STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF THE EAST WALL AND 22 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A COMMERCIAL BUILDING WHICH IS NOW VACANT, BUT IS THE PROPOSED HOME OF THE WOODSTOCK LIBRARY, 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 4.1 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.