Details for Benchmark: EE0420
N 34° 45.433 W 085° 15.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- M 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
3.9 MI N FROM LA FAYETTE. ABOUT 3.9 MILES NORTH ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT LAFAYETTE, ABOUT 2.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 27 FROM THE UNION 76 STORE AND SERVICE STATION AT NOBLE, 222 YARDS NORTH OF MILEPOST 426, 18 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 174 YARDS NORTH OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILWAY AND A PAVED ROAD LEADING WEST TO A ALLIED GROCERY WAREHOUSE, 75 YARDS NORTH OF THE NORTH END OF A SPUR TRACK LEADING SOUTHWEST TO THE WAREHOUSE, 112 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 27, 162 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILWAY AND A PRIVATE ROAD, 32 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PRIVATE ROAD THAT PARALLELS THE TRACK AT THIS POINT, 1.0 FOOT SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.