Details for Benchmark: EE0423
N 34° 49.433 W 085° 14.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- J 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
AT ROCK SPRINGS. AT ROCK SPRINGS, 113 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF RAILROAD TRACK, 67 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF SURFACED ROAD, 9-RAILS SOUTH OF MILE POST S 431, 40 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A GROCERY STORE BUILDING, 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A BRICK CHIMNEY ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF MR. J.H. SHIELDS HOUSE AND IN A SINGLE CABLE FENCE SOUTH OF THE HOUSE. A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 6-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 2-INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.