Details for Benchmark: EE0424
N 34° 50.067 W 085° 14.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- H 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
0.8 MI N FROM ROCK SPRINGS. ABOUT 0.8 MILE NORTH ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ROCK SPRINGS, 38 RAILS SOUTH OF MILEPOST 432, 19 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 29 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD CROSSING, 113 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 27, 65.5 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A SMALL HOUSE, 24 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A NARROW PAVED ROAD, 2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, IN THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF A FLOWER BED, 5.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, AND 3 INCHES ABOVE THE FLOWER BED.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.