Details for Benchmark: EE0429
N 34° 52.283 W 085° 17.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- F 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT CHICKAMAUGA. AT CHICKAMAUGA, 82.8 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE STONE RAILWAY STATION WHICH IS NOW VACANT, IN LINE WITH THE EAST WALL OF THE BUILDING, 32 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 25 FEET EAST OF A 36-INCH WATER OAK TREE, 3 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL. 0.7 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE, 62.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BLOCK BUILDING, 5 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE FENCE, 19 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF A SIDETRACK, 1.0 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS 4 INCHES UNDER GROUND.
|01/01/1976 by LOCENG (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1976
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.