Details for Benchmark: EE0430
N 34° 53.183 W 085° 16.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- E 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
1.1 MI N FROM CHICKAMAUGA. ABOUT 1.1 MILES NORTH ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT CHICKAMAUGA, 104 1/2 FEET (3 RAILS) SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 437, 13 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 32 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST WIRE OF A POWER LINE THAT CROSSES THE TRACK, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST, 9-FOOT, CONCRETE HEADWALL FOR A CONCRETE CULVERT THAT IS 8 FEET WIDE AND 4 FEET DEEP, 2.4 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|01/01/1976 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1976
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.