Details for Benchmark: EE0431
N 34° 54.450 W 085° 16.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- D 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Team Bear-Cat couldn't find EE0431
Looks like a lot of roadwork since last find; pretty sure it is no longer available; buried under many feet of dirt or pavement now...
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
2.7 MI N FROM CHICKAMAUGA. ABOUT 2.7 MILES NORTH ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT CHICKAMAUGA, 100 YARDS WEST OF THE WILDER MEMORIAL TOWER AT THE CHATTANOOGA NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, 38 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILWAY AND A PAVED ROAD, 30 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 18 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE PAVED ROAD, 117 FEET WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF THE PAVED ROAD AND A NORTH-SOUTH PAVED ROAD, 45 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE, 0.8 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.