Details for Benchmark: EE0432
N 34° 55.033 W 085° 16.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- C 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by TVA (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1950
AT LYTLE. AT LYTLE, ON THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY, 6 RAILS NORTH OF THE STATION, 9 POLES NORTH OF MILEPOST S 439, 42 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, IN CHICKAMAUGA AND CHATTANOOGA NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, 1 FOOT EAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND NEAR A T.V.A. STEEL POST WITH A CONTROL-MARKER SIGN. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED C 119 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- TVA REPORTS STEEL POST WITH CONTROL MARKER SIGN SET AT EAST SIDE OF MONUMENT.
|01/01/1972 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1975 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1975
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.