Details for Benchmark: EE0434
N 34° 57.600 W 085° 17.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- A 119
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
1.8 MI S FROM ROSSVILLE. ABOUT 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 2 (MC FARLAND AVENUE) FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ROSSVILLE, THENCE 1.35 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE CENTRAL OF GEORGIA RAILWAY, ON A HILLSIDE, 110 FEET (3 RAILS) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 443, 23 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 13 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE WEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE LINE, APPROXIMATELY 0.2 MILE EAST OF A ROCK CRUSHER, ALMOST IN LINE WITH THE ROCK CRUSHER AND A VERY LARGE BUILDING WITH A RED ROOF THAT IS ON A DISTANT MOUNTAIN, 0.5 FOOT EAST OF A METAL TVA WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 6 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1975 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1975
DESCRIPTION INADEQUATE TO PINPOINT LOCATION. HEAVY UNDERGROWTH.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.