Details for Benchmark: EE0435
N 34° 59.000 W 085° 17.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- U 120
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT ROSSVILLE. AT ROSSVILLE, AT THE POST OFFICE, AT THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 27 AND STATE HIGHWAY 2 (CHICKAMAUGA AND MC FARLAND AVENUES), 23 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH ENTRANCE TO THE POST OFFICE, 17.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 5 FEET NORTH OF A FLAGPOLE, 3.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE SOUTH CURB OF A SIDEWALK, 0.4 FOOT EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF A WALKWAY LEADING FROM THE SIDEWALK TO THE FLAGPOLE, ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE STREETS, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.