Details for Benchmark: EE1601
N 34° 51.718 W 084° 19.579 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FANNIN county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 055 209 GAHD 1972
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 8.7 MILES SOUTHEAST OF MC CAYSVILLE, GEORGIA. 4.6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MINERAL BLUFF, GEORGIA. 14.5 MILES NORTHEAST OF ELLIJAY, GEORGIA.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 5 BYPASS AND U.S. 76, PROCEED EAST ON U.S. 76 FOR 1.20 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD BRASS CAP SET IN POURED CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS LOCATED 15.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 4 INCH CATAWBA TREE. 17.6 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. 76. 33.9 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.