Details for Benchmark: EE1971
N 34° 49.476 W 085° 13.965 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- ROCK SPRINGS
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
ABOUT 1/2 MILE EAST OF THE SMALL VILLAGE OF ROCK SPRINGS. TO REACH FROM ROCK SPRINGS, TAKE THE DIRT ROAD EAST FROM FRANK WEAVERS STORE, WHICH IS ON U.S. HIGHWAY 27, FOR 0.55 MILE TO CROSS ROAD AND STATION. STATION IS IN THE NORTHWEST ANGLE OF THE CROSSROADS DIAGONALLY ACROSS INTERSECTION FROM HOME OF G.W. BALLARD, 101 FEET FROM THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE TWO ROADS, 26 FEET WEST OF CENTER LINE OF THE NORTH AND SOUTH ROAD, 11 FEET WEST OF THE EDGE OF A FIELD AND 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. STATION AND UNDERGROUND MARKS ARE STANDARD DISKS SET IN CONCRETE. REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD REFERENCE-MARK DISKS IN SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENTS. REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS NORTH OF STATION IN THE SAME FIELD, 20 FEET WEST OF CENTER LINE OF NORTH AND SOUTH ROAD AND 86.66 FEET FROM STATION N 22 DEG 44 MIN E. REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF STATION, 21 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF NORTH AND SOUTH ROAD AND 71.71 FEET FROM STATION S 19 DEG 52 MIN E. AZIMUTH MARK IS ABOUT 500 YARDS EAST-SOUTHEAST OF STATION, 17 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF EAST AND WEST ROAD, 24 FEET EAST OF A FENCE LINE, 5 FEET HIGHER THAN ROAD AND S 78 DEG 17 MIN E FROM STATION. STATION MOVED IN 1938. SEE ROCK SPRINGS 2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.