Details for Benchmark: EE1977
N 34° 50.150 W 085° 11.676 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CATOOSA county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 023 207 GAHD 1972
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2.7 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 95 AND U.S. 27. 10.4 MILES NORTHEAST OF LAFAYETTE, GEORGIA. 7.2 MILES NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 151 AND GA. 95 ON THE PROPERTY OF MRS. S. P. HENERY.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 143 AND U.S. 27 IN LAFAYETTE, GEORGIA, PROCEED NORTH ON U.S. 27 FOR 8.65 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 154. PROCEED EAST ON COUNTY ROAD 2.20 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD S2207. PROCEED EAST ON COUNTY ROAD S2207 1.9 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 156. PROCEED SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD 0.25 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD BRASS DISC SET IN POURED CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS LOCATED 9.8 FEET WEST OF A FENCE. 15.4 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 14 INCH HICKORY TREE. 13 FEET SOUTHWEST OF AN 18 INCH SWEETGUM TREE. 9 FEET NORTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.