Details for Benchmark: EE1982
N 34° 56.933 W 085° 14.138 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CATOOSA county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 023 200 GAHD 1972
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 4.0 MILE SOUTHEAST OF ROSSVILLE, GA., 1.4 MILES EAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 2 AND U.S. 27 ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF THE GEORGIA HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. 27 AND GA. 2 PROCEED NORTH ON U.S. 27 FOR 1.0 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 2A AND U.S. 27, PROCEED EAST ON GA. 2A FOR 1.4 MILES TO THE STATION.
THE STATION, A STANDARD BRASS DISC SET IN A CONCRETE POST AND STAMPED B.V. 023-200, IS LOCATED 69.9 FEET NORTH OF THE WEST BOUND LANE OF GA. 2A, 30.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 242.0 FEET EAST OF A POWER POLE, 42.4 FEET WEST OF AN 18-INCH OAK TREE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.