Details for Benchmark: EE1991
N 34° 56.653 W 085° 11.694 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CATOOSA county, GA View Original Datasheet
- FT OGLETHORPE DAILY HILL SPIPE
- Marker Type:
- standpipe tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE BALL AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A CYLINDRICAL SHAPED, STEEL, STANDPIPE. IT IS PAINTED GREEN AND IS 50 FEET HIGH AND 20 FEET IN DIAMETER.
STATION IS LOCATED 5.5 MILES NORTHWEST OF RINGGOLD, 3.5 MILES EAST OF FORT OGLETHOPE, 1 MILE SOUTHWEST OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 75 AND 0.8 MILE SOUTH OF STATE HIGHWAY 146. AT THE SOUTH END OF A GRAVEL ROAD ON DAILY HILL. THE STANDPIPE IS OWNED BY THE CATOOSA COUNTY WATER DISTRICT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.