Details for Benchmark: EE2062
N 34° 58.905 W 085° 15.130 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CATOOSA county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 023 203 GAHD 1972
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2.0 MILES EAST OF ROSSVILLE, GA., 2.0 MILES NORTH OF FORT OGLETHORPE, GA., 2.7 MILES NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 2 AND U.S. 27 IN LAKEWOOD MEMORY GARDENS CEMETERY. PERMISSION WAS GIVEN BY GORDON SPARKS.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. 27 AND GA. 2 PROCEED NORTH ON U.S. 27 FOR 1.0 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 2A, CONTINUE NORTH ON U.S. 27 FOR 1.1 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 218. PROCEED EAST ON GA. 218 FOR 1.5 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF CITY PAVED STREET 105.
THE STATION, A STANDARD BRASS DISC SET IN A CONCRETE POST AND STAMPED B.V. 023-203, IS LOCATED ON THE HILL IN LAKEWOOD MEMORY GARDENS CEMETERY, 87.0 FEET NORTH OF A STATUE OF A MAN AND WOMAN, 101.0 FEET SOUTH OF A STATUE OF THE LORDS SUPPER, 313.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE OFFICE, 263.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF CEMETERY STEPS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.