Details for Benchmark: EE2063
N 34° 58.880 W 085° 17.554 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- ROSSVILLE DEVELOPMENT CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE BALL AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A CYLINDRICAL SHAPE TANK WITH A HEMISPHERICAL TOP AND BOTTOM, SUPPORTED BY SIX I-BEAM STEEL LEGS. IT IS 150 FEET HIGH AND IS SILVER IN COLOR.
STATION IS LOCATED IN ROSSVILLE, 0.1 MILE EAST OF WILLIAMS STREET, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE PLANT COMPLEX. THE TANK IS OWNED BY ROSSVILLE DEVELOPMENT CO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.