Details for Benchmark: EE2064
N 34° 57.487 W 085° 18.598 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 146 206
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2.1 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 193 AND GA. 349. 2.0 MILES SOUTHWEST OF ROSSVILLE, GEORGIA. 3.0 MILES WEST OF FORT OGLETHORPE.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 2 AND U.S. 27 AT THE POST OFFICE IN ROSSVILLE, GEORGIA, PROCEED SOUTHWEST ON GA. 2 2.20 MILES TO A PAVED COUNTY ROAD 345. PROCEED WEST ON COUNTY PAVED ROAD 345 0.65 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 349. PROCEED SOUTH ON GA. 349 0.35 MILE TO THE STATION.
THE STATION, A STANDARD BRASS DISC SET IN A CONCRETE POST AND STAMPED B.V. 146-206, IS LOCATED 20.8 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF GA. 349. 2.5 FEET EAST OF THE FENCE. 107 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE. 58.9 FEET SOUTH OF A POWER POLE. 77 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF DIRT DRIVE.
THE AZIMUTH, LOCATED 0.46 MILE SOUTH OF THE STATION ON GA. 349, IS 24.2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE. 6.0 FEET EAST OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE. 135.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.