Details for Benchmark: EE2068
N 34° 57.590 W 085° 17.528 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- ROSSVILLE MISSIONARY RDG SPIPE
- Marker Type:
- standpipe tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE VENT AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A CYLINDRICAL SHAPED, STEEL, STANDPIPE. IT IS 75 FEET HIGH AND 40 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE. THE STANDPIPE IS GREEN IN COLOR.
STATION IS LOCATED 2 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF FORT OGLETHORPE, 1.75 MILES SOUTH OF ROSSVILLE, ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF MISSIONARY RIDGE. THE STANDPIPE IS OWNED BY THE CHATTANOOGA CITY WATER CO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.