Details for Benchmark: EE2069
N 34° 52.804 W 085° 18.791 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- CHICKAMAUGA MUN STANDPIPE
- Marker Type:
- standpipe tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE VENT AT THE TOP AND CENTER OF A CYLINDRICAL SHAPED, STEEL, STANDPIPE WITH SMALL ANTENNAS ATTACHED TO THE TOP. IT IS PAINTED SILVER AND IS 120 FEET HIGH AND 25 FEET IN DIAMETER AT THE BASE.
STATION IS LOCATED 1.2 MILES NORTHWEST OF CHICKAMAUGA, 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 341 AND 0.1 MILE NORTH OF GRAND CENTER ROAD. THE STANDPIPE IS OWNED BY THE CITY OF CHICKAMAUGA.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.