Details for Benchmark: EE2070
N 34° 52.862 W 085° 19.118 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 146 205
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1.6 MILES NORTHWEST OF CHICHAMAUGA, 6.5 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA 143 AND GA 193, AND 6.1 MILES NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA 143 AND GA 341.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE BANK OF CHICKAMAUGA IN CHICKAMAUGA, GEORGIA PROCEED NORTHWEST ON GORDON STREET (COUNTY ROAD 516) FOR 0.35 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF WEST 6TH STREET (COUNTY ROAD 209). PROCEED SOUTH ON WEST 6TH STREET (COUNTY ROAD 209) FOR 0.2 MILES TO A SHARP CURVE TO THE RIGHT. PROCEED WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 209 FOR 1.2 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION, A STANDARD BRASS DISK SET IN A CONCRETE POST AND STAMPED 146-205, IS LOCATED 35.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 50.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE POINT OF INTERSECTION OF A DRIVE, 50.0 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 209, 69.4 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE POINT OF INTERSECTION OF THE WEST END OF A DRIVE, AND 5.8 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A 12-INCH OAK TREE.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS LOCATED 0.20 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION, 12.0 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 24.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE COUNTY ROAD (PAVED), AND 58.4 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 12-INCH OAK TREE ON THE DIRT ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.