Details for Benchmark: EE2071
N 34° 56.646 W 085° 20.031 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WALKER county, GA View Original Datasheet
- BV 146 200
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by GADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1972 (WRN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 3.8 MILES SOUTHWEST OF ROSSVILLE, GEORGIA. 4.7 MILES WEST OF FORT OGLETHORPE, GEORGIA. 0.5 MILE EAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 193 AND GA. 349 ON THE PROPERTY OF BILLY BURROW.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. 27 AND GA. 143, PROCEED NORTHWEST ON GA. 143 9.43 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 143 AND GA. 193. PROCEED NORTH ON GA. 193 9.8 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF GA. 349. PROCEED EAST ON GA. 349 .4 MILE TO INTERSECTION PAVED COUNTY ROAD 159. PROCEED NORTHEAST ON PAVED COUNTY ROAD 159 0.15 MILE TO A COUNTY ROAD 485. PROCEED EAST AT FANTASY HILLS SUBDIVISION 0.15 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION, A STANDARD BRASS DISC SET IN A CONCRETE POST AND STAMPED B.V. 146-200, IS LOCATED 7.6 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE. 21 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. 25 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE P.I. OF THE DRIVEWAY.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS LOCATED 0.7 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION. 6.1 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE. 100 FEET WEST OF A POWER POLE. 77.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE CHATTANOOGA VALLEY BANK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.