Details for Benchmark: EE2092
N 34° 57.617 W 085° 22.548 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DADE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- LOOKOUT MTN RAD STA WLOM MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE RED LIGHT ATOP AND CENTER OF A SKELETON STEEL, GUYED MAST. IT IS 202 FEET HIGH AND IS PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE.
STATION IS LOCATED 1.4 MILES SOUTH OF THE TENNESSEE-GEORGIA STATE LINE, ON TOP OF LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, 150 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF STATE HIGHWAY 157. THE MAST IS OWNED BY ROCK CITY BROADCASTING INC.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.