Details for Benchmark: EE2094
N 34° 57.729 W 085° 22.666 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DADE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- LOOKOUT MTN RAD STA WKES MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE RED LIGHT ATOP AND CENTER OF A SKELETON STEEL, GUYED MAST WITH SEVERAL SMALL ANTENNAS ATTACHED NEAR THE TOP. IT IS 360 FEET HIGH AND IS PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE.
STATION IS LOCATED 1.3 MILES SOUTH OF THE TENNESSEE-GEORGIA STATE LINE, ON THE WEST SLOPE OF LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, 0.15 MILE WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 157 AND 9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF A BLOCK BUILDING AT THE WEST END OF A GRAVEL ROAD. THE MAST IS OWNED BY KISSWICK RADIO STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.