Details for Benchmark: EF0765
N 34° 47.767 W 087° 22.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LAWRENCE county, AL View Original Datasheet
- Z 14
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1933 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
18 MI SE FROM FLORENCE. LOCATED ON THE LEFT BANK OF THE TENNESSEE RIVER NEAR THE SOUTH END OF THE PROPOSED DAM NO. 3. 250 FT. UP STREAM FROM P.B.M. NO. 96. 16.5 FT. S.W. OF 24 INCH BLAZED HACKBERRY TREE. 36 FT. S.E. OF A 30 INCH BLAZED HACKBERRY TREE ON THE CREST OF THE BANK. NOTE-- STATION IS 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. 300 FEET SOUTHEAST OF SOUTH END OF WHEELER DAM. 238 FEET EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 101. 27 FEET SOUTHEAST OF LIGHT POLE ON TOP OF RIDGE. 170 FEET SOUTHEAST OF WHEELER RESERVOIR. MARK IS 2 FEET EAST OF STEEL POST WITH CONTROL MARKER.
|01/01/1950 by TVA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1950
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1971 by TVA (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY 1971
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.